Search This Blog

Monday, March 4, 2013

Rat Race

As my health was showing signs of improving, my plans got to get moving.  When you are forced to not move and do much you have time to plan.  I had a lot of time to wish and plan.  I also had time to do my daily exercise (even if it was two 5 minute walks),  stretch, weekly detox, eat right, meditate, ect ect.  As I felt a little better I got to start knocking things off my to do list and then realized I could do more and more.

Today, I am writing this while a horrific headache feels like it is attacking me.  It has become "normal" again for me.  My commitments are high so I must move on through it.  So it is time for me to get smart.  Control what I can.  That is food, water intake, breathing (taking deep breaths throughout day), stretch, choose to think in a positive way, do not hold onto negative thoughts.

The food is what I realized I had to get organized about.  I meal planned for some healthy soup/stews and some salads (things that could be made in bulk so I can have it all ready to grab for breakfast and lunches).   Then I shopped.  Now I am having to choose to eat that healthy stuff and stand up to the temptation to eat what is easy and terrible for my body.

It is a rat race we ALL live in.  We ALL have to figure out how to navigate through remembering our priorities. I choose to get the most out of it.  (and that is what I have to remind myself when temptations come my way....I choose NO!).

No comments:

Post a Comment