Search This Blog

Friday, January 4, 2013

Gone but Good

     Ok, it has been way too long since I have written an update.  I have been gone from writing but I am doing GOOD!
      Last summer I felt so much improvement,  I knew I was getting better.  Since my treatment began I wondered how much better I would get.  I still wonder, but I do not have as many doubts as I used to.  I know I will make a recovery like I never could imagine.
     I am still sick and must limit my daily activities or I get alot of pain reminding me to take better care of myself.  But I have begun working part time.  It is wonderful to be able to dream a bit more of a more active life, of exercising, riding my bike, roller skating, hiking, swimming, going on water slides ect ect ect!
      The hard parts now are remembering that although I am feeling better I still have to take care of myself by a strict diet, lots of sleep, and taking all of my supplements/medicines.  My doctor is brilliant and although at times I absolutely hate taking my pills I now see that each one has a specific healing function and they are all part of my journey to health.  When I went back to work in August, I soon started to lag in taking care of my health and so my body had to scream at me (in a not very sweet way) to get back to my program!
      Now I make sure I am doing detoxing once a week, drinking at least 8-10 glasses of water a day, eating fresh garlic & healthy foods, sleeping sleeping sleeping and taking tons and tons of pills!
      Chronic Lyme is horrible, but our bodies want to heal and can heal if given the right circumstances.  I am lucky to have huge support from my husband to allow our house to be a place of healing for me.  I have also been extremely lucky to have received financial support to pay for all my expensive Lyme treatment.  I really feel for those who don't have those 2 key components   My prayer for 2013 is that we as a society will come closer to:
 In the near future, treatment can be covered by insurance, treatments will be quicker working, testing can be improved and knowledge of Chronic Lyme can become widespread & accepted.

1 comment:

  1. You are an inspiration for me. You're right. Your body wants to heal itself. Only we can make that right. I love you, and love seeing such improvements. It is truly wonderful to see you so happy and positive lately.

    KK

    ReplyDelete