Search This Blog

Friday, May 25, 2012

To Live More Fully

As I am healing, and not feeling so sick constantly, I am able to have more choices.  For years, my "free time" was basically non-exsistant.  If I did do something fun for a bit I was in recovery, on bed rest, for days.  In this last year that has slowly been changing.  I am becoming more normal.

I feel like others, "normal", in that when I get a few minutes, what do I do with it?  Do I stay in touch with an old friend?  Or a new one?  Play games on the computer?  Organize paperwork?  Draw or be creative?  Watch TV?  Play with my kids (what they want to play)?  Meal plan?  Detox bath?  Ect....?....?....?   My mind gets cluttered with these choices, and I end up choosing the laziest.  I don't want to waste time, I want to treat myself as more important than that.

I was talking with a friend the other day who was sharing about the struggles of being a mom and keeping balance within herself, the kids and her home.  But before long, she stopped sharing because she said she felt like it was whining compared to me dealing with my health problems.  In no way did I feel like her struggles were whines.

The thing I realize is struggle is always there for each person.  We each have our own Sh#t to deal with and in that struggle we can all relate.   When we take a look at our day to day life, we all share a desire to be more than we are currently being.  We see where we are damaged.  At times it can weigh us down.  We feel isolated because it is OUR issue(s) that we have to figure out how to muster up the strength to respond to.  We realize life is valuable and we have to be sure we are making the most of it.  Everyone has a story, a story of how they are trying to make the most of this life, and a story of why they try hard or try just a little at living.  Your story is as important as mine.  I tell my story to live more fully.  Please tell me yours so I can live more fully.    

No comments:

Post a Comment