Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Doctor Appointment Yields Hope

My doctor apt went well.  I am in a very hopeful place in my healing journey.  My health has been a downward spiral for so long that it is so comforting to know what   is wrong and what to do to get better.

My doctor asks many, many questions at my appointments during our hour together.  This time I was able to tell her about a couple break throughs.  #1 My family went on a weekend vacation together.  #2 We have had a couple people over for potluck dinners.  Although I was still in pain, and experienced so many symptoms from my Lyme, my body allowed me to be part of these things.  A year ago there was no way!  

These were great clues to show us I am refreshed enough to go into the next steps of my treatment.  My doctor is changing up my antibiotics to target different areas of my body.  I am stopping all current antibiotics and starting 2 new prescription, and 5 new herbal antibiotics.  As these get a hold of the varies Lyme within my body and kill them off there will be a worsening of symptoms for a period of time.  A few of them are Headaches, night sweats, shortness of breath and chest pain.  This is another reason why detoxing is very important.

My pill schedule continues to be (I can't think of the word...) frequent & alot of pills.  8 times a day taking nearly 100 pills.  This is nearly overwhelming but it is part of my treatment and the more I look into what each does the more grateful I feel to have a doctor who is wise enough to treat all the different problems throughout my body.  I am also so grateful for the help from my mom to pay for these!

Another reason I am ok with taking all I do is because it is giving my organs support while being on so much antibiotics.   Each visit, I learn that my blood work is coming back saying that my kidneys & liver function is great.  That is wonderful because it is another indication we can keep going full force killing off those little mutha ruckers!          

Lastly, I also am gaining a bit of weight back!!!  I have gained 5 #s in the last 2 months.   I am proud to say I now weigh 100#s!  My goal is at least 5 more by my next doctor appointment (2 months).

I am revitalized and focused on doing my weekly schedule of pills, healthy foods, juicing, infrared sauna, baking soda baths, coffee enema, dry brushing, walking (with my dog), nap and more water than I think my body can handle.  I am also wanting to do more meditation & art and focus on learning more about the co-infections I have Babesia & Bartonella.  And hopefully in the midst of this I will be able to make connections with friends through lazy visits and in person and on the phone!

2 comments:

  1. Yah CC! I was going to say you looked like you have gained weight! lol.. What woman likes to hear that?? In your case, woohoo! You keep fighting that Damn Lyme! Your positive attitude is amazing! I am so lucky to have you as a power house of a friend! :D <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am proud of you for always finding things to be grateful for, despite the pain and challenge of the situation. Also totally stoked that you're gaining weight and ready to karate chop some Bartonella and Babesia a$$!

    ReplyDelete