Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Long time no Chrissy!

Well, as you might have noticed, I took the summer off!  I took it off from writing, from cooking big batches of soup, and from doing any art.  I did this intentionally.  My focus in the summer was to soak up my kids as much as possible.  We were able to do lots of hanging out.  Play games, watch movies, go to the beach or water park, and have their friends over.  Honestly, it wasn't enough and when school began I was so sad!  I am a big sap eh?

I wanted the kids to be my focus because I had become unable to do very much at all and had to make a choice where my limited energy would go.  I had begun Minocycline antibiotic in May and it made my muscles cramp so badly that I was hardly able to do anything.  Every time I used a muscle it began to cramp (ie. walking across the house, brushing my hair, ect made my muscles burn and cramp.  So I was hardly able to leave the house and had to push myself to do one of the above activities a week.  I think that is the reason that I cherished those times with my kids so much.

I just had another doctor appointment last week and got off of that dreadful antibiotic and are beginning my new ones today.  I have enjoyed these last few days without my old ones.  For the first time in over 3 months, I have been able to take my dog for a walk.  Walking in the field behind our house with him is so relaxing.  I never knew how much I would miss him stopping every 20 seconds so he can sniff and piss on bushes!  I also have been able to type, sort paperwork (call on bills & look into financial assistance for medications), and cook soup batches.  All which made my fingers or arms or something cramp.  I love feeling like I am taking care of myself like a REAL adult.

I am left to wonder what these coming weeks will look like.  I always get nervous when I begin new antibiotics, knowing there could be negative side effects and at some point the Herx will come.  But for now I will take a deep breathe and go get ready to take my dog out for a lil walk! 
   

2 comments:

  1. You are so incredible Chrissy. I can only hope I'd be HALF the strength, patience and courage you do if I were in your place. I'm glad to hear things are relatively better at the moment, keep going strong! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Matt! I really appreciate your support! You could do it too, we all seem to step up to whats our life challenge.

    ReplyDelete